Not sure what to pack for your upcoming countryside break with us at Moonrise Lodges? Holidays in the UK are notoriously difficult to pack for – you’ve got to bring enough supplies to keep everyone entertained throughout the entirety of your stay, as well as plenty of provisions to protect against all weathers.
We’ve devised a helpful holiday checklist to help you plan your dream getaway. Whether you’re going to spend your holiday walking or reading by the lakeside, here are a few suggestions to make sure your holiday goes smoothly…
What to pack
- Waterproof coat – because you never know when you might get caught in a downpour! We highly recommend packing a durable, comfortable coat that can be worn in all weathers.
- Walking boots or wellington boots – they will make those long walks so much easier! Pack a pair of sturdy waterproof walking boots that will protect your feet from the elements. If you are going to be joining us for a farm tour, wellies are an essential!
- Backpack – a must have for days out. This will help you carry your food, drinks, spare clothes, and any other provisions whilst out and about exploring.
- Camera – to help you capture those picture-perfect scenes. Whether you’re a professional photographer or just a casual snapper, you can capture memories that will last a lifetime.
- A good book – after all, holidays are made for relaxing! When you have some down time, bury your head in a good book and enjoy the spectacular countryside scenery.
- Board games – to keep all the family entertained. Whether you’re into Monopoly or Guess Who, why not challenge your family members to a friendly game (or two) whilst on holiday?!
- Swimwear – ideal for the hot tub! Pack your favourite trunks or bikini and step into our luxury hot tub to destress and soothe those aching muscles. A beach towel would also be handy.
- Ball games and maybe even a kite – for if you have children in tow. There is plenty of space around our lodges to let the children get rid of some excess energy!
- Most importantly, bring food and drink to have on your first evening. Tesco will deliver to your door which will save room in the car! We are very rural and this will save you heading out for provisions when you could be relaxing in the hot tub instead!
What you can look forward to and what you DON’T NEED TO PACK!
Our two luxury lodges, Swallow and Curlew, combine the charm and character of a countryside hideaway with all the mod-cons of a 5* hotel room. Our accommodations feature the following:
- Open plan living area with stunning floor-to-ceiling windows and large TV.
- Beautiful kitchen with integrated appliances, large fridge freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Tea towels, j cloths etc supplied.
- Two comfortable king-sized double bedrooms which can be altered to singles if required.
- Two en-suite bathrooms – one with shower and the other with bath and shower.
- Large decking area with outdoor seating and sunken hot tub (can be used all year round).
- Boot room to store country clothing essentials.
- Washing machine with detergent.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Central heating throughout.
- Bed linen and towels provided.
- Bathrobes provided.
- Private outdoor fire pit.
- Children’s swings.
- BBQ hut available to hire at an additional cost.
Quaint Countryside Breaks in the Heart of Shropshire
If you’re seeking some peace and quiet, Moonrise Lodges provides the perfect base to get away from it all. Enjoy a fabulous break in one of our contemporary log cabins, with ample opportunities for walking, cycling, fishing, riding, and sightseeing in the local area.
Click here to book your countryside break at Moonrise Lodges today!